Zion Lutheran Church, School
What does that mean?
We believe God has established Zion for Five Reasons
- To Share the Gospel:
in its truth and purity with people everywhere
- To Encourage Discipleship:
by providing Christian education and training to people of all ages
- To Serve Humbly:
by accepting others unconditionally and encouraging them continually
- To Worship Actively:
and to pray continually as his children
- To Use the Gifts of the Spirit:
to accomplish his work in harmony
What We Believe
- The Bible is the inspired Word of God, without error, and is God's authoritative Word for today.
- God, the only true God, is triune: Father, Son and Holy Spirit; three distinct persons in one divine being, the Holy Trinity
- People were created by God as perfect beings, with body and soul, but fell into sin and separated themselves from God. As a result, all people need to be reconciled to God through Jesus Christ.
- Jesus Christ is God "in the flesh" (John 1:14). He came to this earth, was born of a virgin, lived a perfect and sinless life for us, took the punishment for our sins upon Himself when He died on the cross, He rose bodily from the dead, and ascended into heaven. Through this sacrificial gift of love He guarantees forgiveness, salvation, peace with God, and eternal life to all people who believe in Him as their personal Savior.
- Salvation is a free "gift of God" (Ephesians 2:8-9) which cannot be earned by trusting in the good things we have done, but rather by trusting only in what Jesus Christ did for us on the cross. The question, "What must I do to be saved?" is answered clearly; "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you shall be saved." (Acts 16:31)
- Saving Faith is created and sustained by the Holy Spirit. He works throughout the Means of Grace...the Word of God, Baptism, the Lord's Supper and Confession and Absolution.
- The Second Coming of Jesus, accompanied by the resurrection of the dead and the final judgment, may be anticipated with joy and confidence by his forgiven people.
Join us for Worship!!
Saturdays at 5:30 PM or
Sundays at 8:00 or 10:00 AM.