ZFIS Website and Daily Assignments:
Monday Note – December 10, 2018
Religion: Saul; David and Goliath
Memory: 8th commandment and meaning Due Friday
Math: Topic 8: Multiplying 2-digit numbers; Test Dec 18
Science: Design Box
Language Arts: Writing opinion pieces
Spelling: ar words due Dec 14
Fur Traders in South Dakota; SD kit Lewis and Clark
Spanish: Direction words; clothing words
The 4th Tuesday of every month is J.A.M. (Jesus and Me) night at Zion.
Any 4th and 5th grader is welcome to attend as Miss Lorien leads a devotion/Bible Study, games, and other fun activities.
J.A.M. goes from 6-7pm.
· Dec 11: Piano/Instrument Recital 8:30am
· Dec 12: Advent services 10 & 6, meal at 5pm;
· Dec 13: 1:30 Grades 3-5 sing at Victorian Nursing Home
· Dec 15: 5:30 Sunday School Christmas Program
· Dec 16: Zion Christmas Extravaganza 12-5pm
· Dec 18: Spelling Bee 1:00 4th Grade room
· Dec 19: Advent services 10 & 6, meal at 5pm
· Dec 20: Class Christmas Party 1:00
· Dec 21-Jan 2 Christmas Break
· Dec 23: Zion 10 am Service only; no Sunday School
· Dec 24: 5pm and 7pm Christmas Eve Services at Zion
· Dec 25: 10 am Christmas Day Service at Zion
· Dec 30: Zion 10 am Service only; no Sunday School
· Dec 31: 6pm New Years Eve Service
Fourth Grade Lingo
Passion Projects: something a student is choosing to investigate, build, design, or explore in class
- Students are required to do at least 2 per trimester (one about every 6 weeks)
- The first one is due October 3.
Side Missions: completely optional additional assignments through which a student can gain XP for their character
- These change about every 2 weeks.
- Additional information is available online.
Spelling List Due Dec 14
The 8th Commandment and Meaning
You shall not give false testimony against your neighbor.
What does this mean?
We should fear and love God so that we do not tell lies about our neighbor, betray him, slander him, or hurt his reputation, but defend him, speak well of him, and explain everything in the kindest way.