Knowing Jesus. Growing in Faith. Serving in Love.
At Zion Lutheran Church, School and Preschool, we wholly rely on God’s abundant grace to help us know Jesus, grow in faith and serve in love. We recognize that, apart from Christ through His sacrificial love and death on the cross for our sins, we can do nothing. Here is what our mission looks like in the lives of our members:
Knowing Jesus – Having a personal relationship with Jesus as Savior through Worship, God’s Word, and the Sacraments
Growing in Faith – Connecting with God and each other through the study of His Word, fellowship, and prayer
Serving with Love – Showing Christ’s love through giving of our time and talents in our Church and School, the community, and the world
By the Holy Spirit, Zion encourages all people to grow from who they are to who God created them to be.
What does this mean?
Because of sin, we as people are not who God created us to be. Zion, by the power of the Holy Spirit, aspires to reach our community within and beyond the church, school, and preschool to help people grow in their knowledge of Jesus, their faith in the Triune God, and their willingness to serve others with love.
- …for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God… (Romans 3:23)
- But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for his own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light. (1 Peter 2:9)
- 37 And he said to him, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. 38 This is the great and first commandment. 39 And a second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself.” (Matthew 22:37-39)
- 23 Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for he who promised is faithful. 24 And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, 25 not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near. (Hebrews 10:23-25)
- 19 ”Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.” (Matthew 28:19-20)
- “But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.” (Acts 1:8)