Knowing Jesus, Growing in Faith, Serving with Love
Knowing Jesus – Having a personal relationship with Jesus as Savior through Worship, God’s Word, and the Sacraments
Growing in Faith – Connecting with God and each other through the study of His Word, fellowship, and prayer
Serving with Love – Showing Christ’s love through giving of our time and talents in our church and school, the community, and the world
By the Holy Spirit, Zion will encourage all people to grow from who they are to who God created them to be.
What does this mean?
Because of sin, people are not who God created them to be. Zion, by the power of the Holy Spirit, aspires to reach members of our community, both within and beyond Zion, to help them grow in their knowledge of Jesus, grow in their faith in the Triune God, and grow in their willingness to serve others with love.
- … for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God… (Romans 3:23 ESV)
- But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for His own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light. (1 Peter 2:9)
- 37 And He said to him, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. 38 This is the great and first commandment. 39 And a second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself.” (Matthew 22:37-39)
- 23 Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful. 24 And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, 25 not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near. (Hebrews 10:23-25)
- 19 “Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.” (Matthew 28:19-20)
- “But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you will be My witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.” (Acts 1:8)
Based on the information gathered throughout the SPC process, including the congregational surveys, the SPC has developed seven SMART goals and corresponding action plans. SMART stands for Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant, and Time-bound.
Zion will expand its current facility to better fulfill its mission: Knowing Jesus, Growing in Faith, Serving with Love.
A music committee will be created to coordinate music for all worship services and to work to enhance the quality of music at all services. The committee will be supervised by the Board of Lay Ministry.
The committee will consist of:
- A member of Lay Ministry
- Three lay members – one each who attends the 5:30, 8:00, and 10:45 services
- Ministry Staff
- An organist
- A member of Bell Choir
- A member of Chancel Choir
- A member from each praise team
Fellowship / Relationship Building
Zion will establish regular fellowship opportunities to strengthen member relationships.
Short-Term Bible Studies
Zion will develop short-term Bible studies that help members Grow in Faith. Bible studies will have a defined beginning and end, up to 8 weeks in length.
The congregation will develop a culture of stewardship that focuses on why we give, how we have been blessed, and how God is calling us to respond.
Technology In Worship
Technology will be used to enhance worship through effective projection and sound operation.
Technology will be used to effectively communicate events/happenings through use of projection/TV.
Develop a web presence that efficiently conveys information for all ministries at Zion.
Zion will work to sustain ministry through biblically sound financial practices.